Tips for home sellers
Having worked in this business for many years, I can tell you that these tips are vital to getting your home sold at the highest price.
If you have any questions, I’m always here to help.
5 Key Factors in Selecting a Realtor
- Select a full time realtor who is able to be in touch at any time.
- Pay attention to how they market themselves as well as their own business as they are the ones marketing your home to buyers.
- A true realtor will do what is in the best interest of the client, not just agree with whatever is said or simply say what you want to hear.
- Use your instincts and do your homework. Select a realtor you trust to help buy or sell your home.
- Don’t just hire a friend or neighbor as your realtor without qualifying them first. When investing in the stock market you make sure to get trusted, professional advice, be sure to do the same when buying or selling your home.
How to make the exterior stand out and more importantly, ADD VALUE!
- Clean the outside of your home. Have the windows washed and the siding pressure washed. It’s inexpensive and it goes a long way.
- Pressure wash the driveway and walkway leading up to your home. People associate “clean” with “new and well taken care of.”
- If your front door looks weathered, paint or stain it. It’s the entrance to your castle and it should look GREAT!
- Make sure the lawn looks well taken care of. Fertilize and throw some seed/topsoil down to fill in any bad spots. Make sure that the whole yard looks well maintained.
- Even though it could be more expensive, if your home needs paint, paint it.
5 Home Improvements with the Highest ROI
- Replacing Your Entry Door: +/- 85%
- Garage Door Replacement: +/- 75%
- Minor Kitchen Remodel: +/- 75%
- Window Replacement (Wood): +/- 68-73%
- Deck Addition (Composite): +/- 59-67%
Note: Percentages reflect costs recouped after improvements. These suggestions are great improvements if you’re staying in your home for a few years and just looking to freshen up your home. If you’re considering selling your home, think “curb appeal.” A fresh coat of paint on the garage and front door, kitchen steam clean and touch-up, and window cleaning are the top improvements to get you to the 100%+ ROI range.
*Statistics provided by realtormag.com
Staging Your Home’s Interior
- Neutral and earth tones allow buyers the opportunity to visualize living in the home.
- Declutter and depersonalize to make the spaces appear larger and appeal to more buyers.
- Make every surface shine. Professionally clean carpets, scrub the grout and wash windows.
- Air out your home before an open house or showing so it smells fresh and clean.
How to properly value your home
- Buyers are interested in price per square foot. Remember, you’re taking all of your memories with you.
- Look carefully at ALL of the comparable homes in your immediate area, not just the high priced ones.
- Discuss what type of market you’re in with your realtor as it affects the price and strategy of marketing your home.
- Today’s buyers are educated. Overvaluing your home to “test” the market could easily result in a ‘stale’ listing and low offers.
- Assess your own motivation. Ask yourself: “Do I need to sell or do I want to sell?” The answer to this question will affect how you value your home.
Search Homes on Chunyk Group Instantly! Discover 1000s of Homes Below.