Paul Chunyk, Managing Broker
Morrison House, Sotheby’s International Realty
About Paul Chunyk
Residential real estate is a perfect fit for me. I love interacting with people, getting to know them as individuals and discovering how I can help them when the time comes to buy or sell a home. My goal is always to develop a long-term relationship where my clients feel like they can call me at any time to discuss anything real estate related.
Real estate is like any other market; it has its quirks and is always changing. This volatility makes it extremely important to stay well-informed. I pride myself in knowing what is happening with the market and offering advice regarding the possibilities for the present as well as the future. The stress of buying or selling a home can detract from what should be an exciting time and that is why I’m passionate about my career. I enjoy making the process as simple as possible, allowing my clients to trust that they are in capable hands and giving them the freedom to appreciate the experience.
I take great pride in education and learning how to better serve my clientele, which is why I have taken the necessary steps to become a Managing Broker in Washington and a Broker (equivalent to a managing broker) in California. I am also experienced in some very crucial fields that benefit my clients including, but not limited to:
- ABR: I have received the ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative) accreditation which means that I have taken continuing education specifically designed to assist buyers with the purchase of their new home.
- ALHS: Because of my unique clientele I received the ALHS (Accredited Luxury Home Specialist) designation which helps me serve my clients and their unique needs in ways that most other agents cannot.
- CMPS: The Compass designation is awarded to those who participate in a rigorous 3-day seminar in which they learn how to not only market themselves, but more importantly how to market their client’s homes in a very competitive market.
- BPOR: This certification (Broker Price Opinion Resource) is an extensive course that teaches agents how to appropriately value a piece of real estate. Having this designation makes my opinion highly sought after not only by homeowners and potential buyers but also by financial institutions, insurance companies, and other industries who financially back real estate.
- CNE: Negotiation is what many of my clients pay me for, and for that reason, it was very important to me that I further my skills by participating in an extensive program that resulted in my CNE (Certified Negotiation Expert) accreditation. These skills help me to negotiate the best possible outcome for all of my clients.
I worked for Grubb & Ellis BRE in downtown Phoenix focusing on retail property. After graduating and deciding that the heat was too much to bear, I moved to beautiful Del Mar in San Diego, CA where I continued to work in real estate marketing and management, both commercial and residential. Ultimately, I missed the thrill of working directly with clients and began the process of picking a new brokerage. In the end, Sotheby’s International Realty proved to be the best fit for me. Now, as a managing broker at Sotheby’s International Realty, I can draw from my previous real estate experience to help my clients reach a satisfying conclusion to their transactions.
Tacoma is “Grit City” and that’s why I am happy to make my home here with my wife, Allison, and two boys, Cooper and Keegan. Everyone in and around Tacoma has an edge, a willingness to work hard to meet their goals and to get the job done. These characteristics are what drives me to be the best for my clients. Here, people work hard so they can play baseball in the mud during the spring, enjoy the best, shortest summers in the US and hit the mountains in the winter. I love this place and the people that call it home and I’m happy to be here to serve this community.
If you have questions regarding the selling or buying of your next home, contact me today.
Managing Broker, Morrison House Sotheby’s International Realty
ALHS, ABR, CNE, BPOR