The most basic duty of a San Diego real estate agent is to help a seller sell real estate and help a buyer buy real estate. More specifically, part of their job requirement includes but is not limited to: finding the right property to meet the buyer’s needs, determining the best price for property, interviewing potential buyers, and setting up open houses. Finding the right real estate agent who knows how to meet your needs will impact the ease, satisfaction, and amount of money earned and spent from selling or buying property.
Here are specific areas that should be addressed in trying to find the right real estate agent for you.
1. Credentials. Every real estate agent you consider needs to have his or her state license. A Realtor provides higher credentials, especially if they are a part of the National Association of Realtors. To be a member of this association they have to be trained in ethics and abide by the Code of Ethics.
2. Sales. Like any position dealing with competing people and deals, the real estate agent should be successful in what they do. Discovering their sales history will determine whether they are skilled at selling or buying real estate, unfortunately not necessarily ensuring that they will be successful with your transaction.
3. Location. Having a real estate agent from your particular area is important, as they will understand the current trends in the market. They should be able to answer questions such as: how much are homes that are similar to yours selling for? Who are the most prominent homebuyers in the area? What are the best prices for homes in the location you want to purchase a home?
4. Commission. Real estate agents in San Diego are looking for a commission of about five to six percent. The commission rate demonstrates the level of expertise that you are hiring.
5. Communication. A real estate agent should be contacting you almost everyday in regards to the progress they are making in meeting your needs. You want your real estate agent to be someone you are confident and comfortable with as you work together for an undetermined amount of time.
With the housing marketing constantly changing, it’s vital to have a qualified real estate professional on your side. Whether you’re looking to buy, sell, or lease, CA Realty Group will work to make the process go seamlessly. We’ll answer all of your questions and give you our opinion on your home’s value as well as just how far your dollar will go in today’s San Diego real estate market. Please give us a call at 619.988.8810 for more information.
Subscribe to our RSS Feed for more News & Tips.